Saturday, July 08, 2006

If You Close The Door....

The full length trailer for Michel Gondry's The Science of Sleep has made its way to the internet. Gondry is one of my favorite directors and I also love Gael Garcia Bernal. Fun fact the girl playing Stephanie is French actress Charlotte Gainsbourg daughter of Serge Gainsbourg. So now to the best part the songs in trailer: One of my fav Velvet Underground' tracks "After Hours" opens the clip, followed by the appropriately titled "Fear of Sleep" by The Strokes, and closing with the lovely Death Cab joint "Your Heart Is An Empty Room".

I am going to see "Love Janis" tonight and am really stoked on it. It is a musical based on Janis Joplin's letters to her sister while she was touring America and features her music.

Saw "Devil Wears Prada" last night and loved it. Except I fear for all the teenagers who watch it and start thinking 0 is the new 2. Everytime they mentioned how fat she is because she is a size 6 (my size actually) I thought there goes another chick running to the toilet to puke. Other than that it was an accurate depiction of the fashion industry, as well as being an assistant. Meryl Streep is so awesome, I actually wanted to burst out cheering when she gives Andy her "Blue Sweater" rant. Also Andrian Granier is nice to look at but I couldn't help thinking: Vinnie Chase is getting dumped again, and this time not by Mandy Moore.