Monday, April 10, 2006

New Albumns, Tunes, and Pics from Trip

I was so excited to finally pick up the new YYYs and Morrissey albums yesterday. I was planning on trying to by them in Rome but that didn't really happen. I was so stoked to see this photo when I opened up "Ringleader of the Tormentors" Morrissey on a vespa awesome:

Although I wasn't able to run into Morrissey in Roma where he currently resides and recorded the new album, I did pick up this awesome Italian rock mag with him on the cover:


So now onto the albums. I really loved the YYYs show at Bimbo's but def noticed that the new songs seemed a bit distant and lacking the primitive rock which I love about "Fever to Tell" and their EP. However, this album does grow on you and feels like you are in a long cross country road trip. I would also recommend reading the YYYs cover story in the new Spin which basically states that Nick Zinner and Karen O are no longer friends and that the band could go caput at any moment. Also Karen O's new solo album is poised for release in 2007.

Now on to Moz. I love Morrissey and it would be hard for me not to like a new album he puts out. I think "Ringleaders" is a nice departure from his last album. But it is slower, more sexual, but lacking a real hit such as "First of the Gang". This album was definitely influenced by Rome and he even used a Italian film composer to arrange it, as well as a Italian children's choir. I really love " To Me You Are Like A Work of Art" which is a beautiful love song. Also in the same Spin I mentioned above they have a Morrissey interview with Marc Spitz, who else better to interview him. In it he mentions he is almost finished with his autobiography and that The Smiths were offered a ass load of money to reunite for Coachella. Thankfully Spitz links Morrissey's own successful quest to reunite the New York Dolls and that of many Smiths fans to see them reunite. Don't hold your breath according to moz still not gonna happen.

Ahh I almost forgot here is the link to all my pics from the trip.