Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Little Miss Sunshine

I am really excited for this movie, the word on the street is that it is hilarious. Check out the trailer for Little Miss Sunshine here. You can hear some Sufjan in the trailer.

Stereogum referenced this article about the songs of summer which I thought was amusing. I think the list is pretty accurate, I definitely heard "Hot in Here" like 5 million times that summer when I was in England. My vote is "Crazy" for 2006. Btw there is an awesome Supertramp vs. Roswell vs. Gnarls Crazy mashup that I heard at Bootie this weekend in L.A. I will try to link to it, if I can find it online.

Also I saw both Thom Yorke and La Lohan at the Chateau Marmont, when I was having drinks there this weekend. My friends and I were sitting on one of the couches inside when my British guy radar went off, as I turned to check out the guy talking on the couch next to us, low and behold it was Mr. Radiohead/ soon to be solo himself. I think he was doing an interview with several indie reporter looking peeps. Lohan was with a girlfriend eating on the patio.

This weekend Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, one of my most fav movies ever, is playing at Midnight Mass. I am def going to try to go, although last year I fell asleep during Faster Pussycat, and our cab driver almost killed us on the ride home.