Saturday, May 20, 2006

A Grand Don't Come For Free


So as I am temping and shit I have been trying to save money. This involved me going to the Paul Mitchell Beauty School Friday after work on 7th and Folsom, in the rain. But I did get an awesome hair cut and full color for $35. As all you ladies out there know that is a deal my regular salon charges around 125 for the same thing. Although the chick kinda didn't cut my bangs too great so I went home and just trimmed them myself.

Also today I hit up the UnderGround Denim Sample Sale at the Embarcadero. I got there at 10 when it was supposed to open and didn't get inside until 12:00. But it was pretty good I got some a really cute Ella Moss dress and a Trunk LTD psychedelic furs tour t-shirt. But sadly no jeans. Not a one passed the butt test, which involves me turning around and seeing is my ass looks awesome. As a do have a booty, some designer jeans which are made for stick models, flatten it quite a bit (James and Paige esp.). I wish they had more Trunk shirts they are awesome, actually vintage t shirts cut up and put back together to make a cute girl fit. Luckily I saw an old friend from work in line, so I had some backup and did not make any questionable purchases, which often happen with me and sample sales.

Tonight I am checking out a photo show at Blur on Polk Street by a photographer that has photographed Blammos for stuff, should be cool. Also think I may have to break down and see the DaVinci Code this weekend cause I really did like the book and I love Audrey Tatou. In fact my home cut bangs are very Amelie-esque right now.

Next weekend memorial day, I will be down in LA to visit my little brother and hang with Marisa, Rebecca, and Dani. So hopefully I will see some music, drink some drinks, eat a hot dog at pinks (or a street dog), and hover between the EOVs and WOVs (cool all of five people will get that).