Thursday, October 06, 2005

I'm getting too old for this shit

So last night I went to Mezzanine to check out Birdmonster and Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah. First off congrats to Justin, Dave, Zach, and Peter you guys sounded great and it was awesome to see you on such a great bill. Hopefully, you converted loads of new fans. Ok so now on to Clap Your Hands. I think Blagg Blogg pretty much summed it up. I was kinda disappointed, I like a lot of their songs but after the 5th or 6th song the David Byrne imitation got a bit grating. It was a little too detached and droney of a performance for me, but then again I was pretty tired (that's what I get for having to work at 6am). Joe I totally owe you one, I will go see any rockabilly country ass show you want for making you sit through Clap Your Hands.

Did anyone stay for The National? How was it? I left after Clap Your Hands.

I am more excited to see Franz Ferdinand tonight. I will probably be up in the balcony as I hate standing on the floor at Bill Graham. I always end of standing behind or next to sweaty frat guys who lean on me and talk through the whole show.