Monday, September 19, 2005

Ktocity watches TV

So today I came across two things on TV which gave me the exact opposite reactions of one another. Let me explain, the first is the show "Mad Money" on CNBC. Now I really doubt any of my friends have seen this show but if you have the host Jim Cramer is perhaps the most terrifying person on the face of the earth. Pretty much he screams at the top of his lungs about stocks for an hour, talks like an old frat guy, and throws papers around his fake desk. If hell exists my hell would def be just me and Jim Cramer in a small windowless office where he just screams about stocks at me all day for the rest of eternity. Better start being good now.

Ok now the second thing I saw on TV today which made me sublimely happy would be "Clueless". Why do teen movies today not get it? Clueless is still a really funny movie, and I must say the soundtrack definitely brings me back to '95. Lest we forget the cheesey goodness of The Muffs covering "Kids in America", Coolio, Jill Sobule, and Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Clueless and Empire Records may be my two most seen movies ever, just because when I was 15 every single time me and my friends had nothing to do, someone would put on one of these two movies. Plus you get to see Britney Murphy in all her chunky, gawky glory before she got all coked out and ana.

Also tonight my TV orgy will be complete as I fully intend to watch the season premiere of Arrested Development and Kitchen Confidential. I heart Gob. However, in real life he is married to SNL's and Upright Citizen's Brigade's Amy Poehler. I wish I was a dude so I could be Gob for Halloween.