Saturday, July 28, 2007

Oh Deanna!!!!!!

Last night's Grinderman show at Slim's was amazing. First set was of all Grinderman songs and was awesome. I heard rumors that last night at Great American he did an encore of all Bad Seeds songs so I was pretty stoked. The band sounded great and Nick Cave was in top form dancing around and interacting with the audience. Jim Sclavunos was almost unrecognizable with a giant beard, looking more like a railway hobo than the skinny slicked back hair drummer from The Cramps, but it was awesome.

When they came out for their encore they did a classic Bad Seeds set including: "Red Right Hand" "Tupelo" "The Weeping Song" and "Henry Lee". People were going nuts so I knew they would come out for another set.

I was secretly hoping they would play "Deanna" as it is my favorite Bad Seeds song. Little did I know it would be better than I expected. Earlier in the night Jello Biafra squeezed past me to move to the side of the stage so I knew he was in the house. But the audience was in for a real treat when the band returned to the stage with Henry Rollins and Jello and launched into an awesome rendition of Deanna with Henry and Jello on backup vocals. It was the perfect ending, and the kind of moment you always hope for at a rock show...



Labels: , ,