Thursday, July 26, 2007

Beautiful Sorta ?

Quick Review of the Ryan Adams show at the Berkeley Community Theater:

So I heard before I got there Ryan was walking down the aisles and in the lobby asking for requests from the audience. I wondered who he asked because it didn't seem like he played any of em. The majority of his set was from Cold Roses which is not my fav of his albums. He only played three tracks from Easy Tiger (Two, Goodnight Rose, I Taught Myself How to Grow Old). He was rather chatty and playful with the crowd talking up his love of Cheeze-Its and his new boxer briefs riding up his butt. I heard in the day before at the SF show he didnt talk to the crowd once and played a shorter set. The band sounded great and his voice was good, it was just a really weird venue and I was kinda disappointed by his choice of songs. However, the end of the show did pack a pretty mean punch with "I See Monsters", "Beautiful Sorta" and "Shakedown On 9th Street".

Stereogum has a nice blurb on the show and if you look in the comments you may see some additional tidbits on the show from me.

Labels: