Monday, February 05, 2007

Grindhouse and Across the Universe Trailers Out



Grindhouse teaser trailer. Dating a huge 60s and 70s cult and b-movie fiend has given me a pretty good insight into how awesome this movie is going to be. Double feature of Tarantino and Robert Rdoriguez, zombie movie and car that kills people films shot in 70s b movie style. I love that Rose McGowen has a machine gun for a leg in the Rodriguez bit. The trailer is edited really well to look like an exploitation trailer.

For something a little bit lighter check out the trailer for "Across the Universe" from one of my favorite theater and film directors Julie Taymor (Titus, Lion King, Frida). It looks a bit cheesey with the total literal use of Beatle's songs and naming the main character Jude, I mean come on. But I am sure it will be beautiful and visually stunning, the mod party scenes look cool. Probably more for fans of Moulin Rougue than Titus.

Labels: , , , , , ,