Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Black Lips at 12 Galaxies




Great show last night at 12 Galaxies. If you haven't heard Black Lips yet, you should definitely check them out. Especially for fans of The Oblivians, Reigning Sound, Goner, or In the Red artists.

I took up a spot in the balcony with my friends, which I was glad I did because if you you can tell from the pics the kids in the front were going crazy, and I am getting too old for that shit. Their set was great, and I was especially happy when they played "Dirty Hands" which is one of my favorites. Their new album "Live in Tijuana" will be released in February, and it is....

Openers Hank IV and Gris Gris were entertaining. I have seen Gris Gris a handful of times, and although I like their 60s psych vibe, sometimes their jam outs are just too long for my taste. Although their second song was great. Hank IV was entertaining one of my friends dubbed them "the best worst band ever". The lead singer kinda reminds me of the singer in Harvey Danger, that random 90s band who sang "Flag Pole Sitter".

Labels: , , , , ,