Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Everyone has a Year End List.......

I know I know, you have seen about a million of these so far, but I don't care. I am still going to share my Year End favorite albums and live shows of 2006, in top five format.

Favorite Albums of 2006:
1. Jenny Lewis and The Watson Twins- Rabbit Fur Coat
2. Beirut- Gulag Orkestar
3. The Raconteurs- Broken Boy Soldier
4. The Pipettes- We Are The Pipettes
5. Neko Case- Fox Confessor Brings the Flood

(Honorable Mentions: Dirty Pretty Things- Waterloo to Anywhere, Gnarls Barkley- St. Elsewhere, Artic Monkeys- Whatever People Say I Am...., Beck- The Information, YYYs- Show Your Bones, Scissor Sister- Tah Dah!)

Favorite Live Shows of 2006:
1. Jenny Lewis and The Watson Twins- Swedish American Hall
2. Gnarls Barkley- The Filmore
3. The Raconteurs- The Warfield
4. Hank III- The Filmore
5. Scissor Sisters- The Warfield

Also I was just watching Oprah and is it just me or is Il Divo like the New Kids for soccer moms? Each time one of them walked out one by one to sing their song the women looked straight crazy like they were about to rip their clothes off. It reminded me of this awesome SNL skit about Oprah's favorite things: