Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday Morning Fun House

I love Saturday mornings, me and Joe make breakfast, I get to sleep in and listen to tunes. So a great point of discussion is what to play Sat. morning, it has to be something pretty chill not too jarring. IE- Joe's suggestion of The Dead Milkmen obvs gets vetoed. Also it can't be an artist the other person totally despises. IE- my suggestions of Ryan Adams always get vetoed by Joe (occasionally he lets Heartbreaker sneak in). So today I scoured our giant cd collection to find five perfect discs for Saturday morning and threw them on random. I think I did a pretty good job:

Nouvelle Vague, Bande A Part
The Kinks, The Ultimate Collection Disc 1

Scissor Sisters, Tah Dah
Sufjan Stevens, Come on Feel the Illinoise!

Pulp, A Different Class

So tonight is Bootie at the DNA Lounge and I haven't gone is too long. You should check it out:

Blammos will be playing this Monday October 16th at the Elbo Room and it is $1 PBR night, so you should def be there.

Also I will be going to Austin for a week 23-29 any suggestions of cool places to go are welcome, I will be seeing the Detroit Cobras at Emo's while I am there.

Halloween night Oct. 31st The Cramps, Groovie Ghoulies, and Demolition Doll Rods at The Filmore.