Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ruined Music

So this is one of my favorite new sites www.ruinedmusic.com. I first heard about it over at Stereogum. I was trying to think if there are any songs that have really been ruined that much for me. Most of the songs that are ruined for me usually involve them being used in commercials like Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" in the Carnival Cruise commercials, oh yeah and then there is the awful BRMC Chilis commercial.

Probably from college there would be some breakup songs, but I still can listen to them. Like Ani DiFranco's "Untouchable". I def got pretty into emo shit in college when I was breaking up with guys, embarrassingly enough there was a lot of Dashboard Confessional, Alkaline Trio, and Saves the Day listened to.

But anyway the site has way better stories, so check it out.

I saw Patton Oswalt last night and it was hilarious, I loved that he talked about how disgusting the KFC dinner bowls are because Joe and I have been laughing about those commercials for a couple months now (even though I sadly would still eat them).

OMG I just say this on Miss Moderage's site and had to link to it. Pretty much cause I have an unhealthy obsession with Liza and this will be awesome. Of all those crappy emocore/hot topics bands I have to say there is a soft spot in my heart for MCR. I mean they are comic book nerds, cover "Under Pressure", and Helena is a damn fine video.