Monday, July 25, 2005

Cool Podcasts to Check out

Lately, I have been getting into podcasts, which are now featured on the new version of iTunes. Some of may favorites that I would recommend are: Air America's The Majority Report with Sam Seder and Janeane Garofalo, Spin.com's SPINsider, and Slate Magazine Podcast. All podcasts on iTunes are free and you subscribe, meaning every time you open itunes or plug in your ipod the latest version of that podcast is downloaded. Its like radio for people who don't listen to radio. Its great for me now that I don't have a car I can just listen to the shows I like on the bus.

Also a little late writing about this but the Beck show was great. Le Tigre put on an awesome set and we danced our asses off to TKO and Deceptacon. Beck played for almost 2 hours and had a great band with like four drum sets. It was great he played pretty much the entire new album "Guero" along with many of his classic tracks from "Midnight Vultures" and "Odelay". He also did an acoustic set with songs from Sea Change and the song he did for the soundtrack of "Eternal Sunshine...". Also he mentioned that last Sunday, the night before the show, he played at a taco shop in the Mission. After a little research when I got home I found out it was in the back of Pancho Villa's and he only played like two songs. Sfist had this pic up last week.