Thursday, June 30, 2005

You Know We're Cool


So this it is fun to have off during the week cause I get to watch daytime T.V. today I watched TRL for the first time in like 5 years and saw the premeire of the new Gwen Stefani video for "Cool". I actually really like this song and am glad that "Hollaback Girl" will finally disappear. The video is really beautiful and is directed by British director Sophie Mueller who has worked with Blur and Bjork previously. The song is cheesy and synthy but I like it, the video reminds me of Madonna's Like a Virgin. It is filmed on the Italian Rivera and shows both brown and blonde haired Gwen decked out in beautiful designer dresses and cute vintage looks.

Also recently on T.V. I got to watch Morgan Spurlock's "30 Days" which like "Supersize Me" will show someone living another life for 30 days. The one I saw was this dude from West Virginia who was pretty conservative and Christian living as a Muslim. It is a great show that I definitly reccommend. Next week military anti gay conservative lives in the Castro here in SF with a gay guy for 30 days, spicy.

Listen:
Ok now on to music shows this weekend. If I didnt have to work too early on Saturday I would definitely check out Annie at Mighty with The Lovemakers and Every Move A Picture. Kylie esque euro pop for the indie kids, Annie hails from Norway and her new cd Anniemal is out now. I just like to say Anniemal, Katiemal does not have quite the same ring.

Also brit band Maximo Park plays Popscene tonight. Fans of Franz Ferdinand and other indie new new wavers should check em out.